brunhildegarde: (cheer)
Hilda ([personal profile] brunhildegarde) wrote in [community profile] jarspammed2013-06-11 02:20 am
NSFW

t a r o t j a m m e d

 sparkle sparkle

SO A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF I am a born raised dyed in the wool pagan of mostly Wiccan practice, so I grew up with a lot of mystical bullshit, and one of my lifelong hobbies has been to take any given fandom I was in at the time and deal the characters into the major arcana of the Tarot. (I was working on a Homestuck one before the official deck came out.) Usually this was at least a semi-decent challenge on its own, since 22 is a decently sized cast.

Jarjammed, bless its heart, has enough for a full deck, major and minor, with a hearty surplus.

What I would love to do is adoringly illustrate such a collection, but that is a seriously daunting and mildly intimidating task, especially given I don't know everyone all that well - I hardly know who would go where, so that's why I'd like to ask for some help!

I have here a spreadsheet (somewhat in progress formatting-wise) that is looking a tiddlywink empty just now. If you're familiar with the meanings of the cards, LET'S BE FRIENDS start filling in names! :D If you're not, here is a really great resource site, with both upright and reversed meanings, in overview and in detail. Any character is welcome if they fit a given meaning, even if they're not in the RP anymore - working characters like Rosela and the Iron Giant into this is a goal, since they've had significant impact on the story from what I've seen.

If you are not comfortable with your character being included for any reason whatsoever, that is completely okay! Please let me know, in a comment or PM or something, and I'll keep it in mind. UuU ♥

This project is definitely up for discussion and any contribution would be wonderful, so go nuts! :D
through_glasses: (the following icons are hopefully temporary) (Default)

[personal profile] through_glasses 2013-06-11 04:37 pm (UTC)(link)
GOSH THIS IS A REALLY COOL IDEA even though I'm not particularly into tarot, haha ;u;

tenderly watches this post
castlecaptured: (starry.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 05:24 pm (UTC)(link)
cassandra's either the high priestess or the queen of cups

alinka is definitely part of the swords suite, in her 'canon' she's the queen of swords
castlecaptured: (flowers.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 05:29 pm (UTC)(link)
glados would also be good as the queen of swords.
blackberries: (Default)

[personal profile] blackberries 2013-06-11 07:58 pm (UTC)(link)
kt and i have basically set up cass and mary as a priestess/empress duality thing
preuxchevalier: (bees)

[personal profile] preuxchevalier 2013-06-11 08:08 pm (UTC)(link)
Ah, I don't know much about tarot, but this looks super cool! I'll see if I can help in placements.
itsbraveanditburns: (Default)

[personal profile] itsbraveanditburns 2013-06-11 08:21 pm (UTC)(link)
hzee, hkat, sleipnir, and theo as the page, knight, queen and king of cups

(cass can be the high priestess)

look, it makes sense to me, okay
castlecaptured: ooc (glamorx2.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 08:46 pm (UTC)(link)
i'm having trouble seeing the reasoning--cups strikes me as a very gentle suit, and those folks are anything but.
tiarakind: (sweatdrop .)

[personal profile] tiarakind 2013-06-11 08:51 pm (UTC)(link)
/rereads the descriptions

... okay, fine.



it made sense when i said it, but fuck if i can remember why (sorry, i'm on very low sleep)

never mind, carry on, you can have the cups back
castlecaptured: (conspiratoriadorable.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 08:55 pm (UTC)(link)
haha, no, it's fine--cass works best as high priestess. i was just curious, because for the other cups folks i was thinking of folks like Effy, Yuna, Nephel.
tiarakind: (half-face)

[personal profile] tiarakind 2013-06-12 01:15 am (UTC)(link)
Okay, now that I napped and regained brain I remember why I said that and it's basically what Ink said below, how the reverse sides of the cards fit their negative qualities well, like reverse page is about addiction etc.

But honestly I am fuzzier with the minor arcana than I am with the major, so I won't argue and those guys you listed are pretty cuppy.
sugardoom: (All the reports say it's good for you!)

[personal profile] sugardoom 2013-06-11 09:01 pm (UTC)(link)
The group is actually very capable of being loving and gentle with people they actually like/care about; I'm not really sure where you're getting them not being so. A lot of their more negative qualities are better represented by the reversals of those cards. IDK I like Theo as Magician best, but I could see him being King of Cups just fine.
castlecaptured: ooc (glamor.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 09:14 pm (UTC)(link)
Almost everyone in game is capable of being that way with people they care about--w/ tarot I see it as more of a symbolic distillation of character, which re: cups strikes me as odd for the people in question. Given what I know of their personalities! I could be wrong. And admittedly you could p much make anything work with tarot if you look at it a certain way (which is part of its nature anyhow!).
sugardoom: (Default)

[personal profile] sugardoom 2013-06-11 09:22 pm (UTC)(link)
Haha pretty much, it's great that way in that it's open to a lot of different interpretations. Theo's big thing in canon is that he's a nurturing loving figure to a lot of people which is why the idea that he wouldn't for that card is like ???? to me, but with how he's changed and matured in Jarjammed and kind of closed off that part of himself except to a select few people I can see it not immediately springing to mind.
castlecaptured: (window.)

[personal profile] castlecaptured 2013-06-11 08:41 pm (UTC)(link)
sirius is knight of wands
blackberries: (Default)

[personal profile] blackberries 2013-06-11 11:13 pm (UTC)(link)
hmmm shelly as knight or king of pentacles mayb
preuxchevalier: (bees)

[personal profile] preuxchevalier 2013-06-11 11:46 pm (UTC)(link)
Bertie as the Six of Cups? I feel Roxane should be one of the cups, as well. Maybe Eight of Cups?
pirataregina: (♔ in the big church bell)

[personal profile] pirataregina 2013-06-12 01:39 am (UTC)(link)
I SEE GENTARO IS RIGHT WHERE I WOULD PUT HIM IN THE MAJOR ARCANA the three of cups is good too but i have. a lot of feelings about the sun and his character arc. idk idk my heart's not too set in stone tho, you think of someone who works better, you do it.

ahim for the six of wands is probably my call :Va
eien_no_tame: (smuge)

[personal profile] eien_no_tame 2013-06-12 07:04 am (UTC)(link)
Saionji for Sords, perhaps five?
eien_no_tame: (Look Up ponytail)

[personal profile] eien_no_tame 2013-06-13 03:26 am (UTC)(link)
He's the Heirophant in the utena deck, but there are more suitable characters in the JJ cast.
abdicates: (Default)

[personal profile] abdicates 2013-06-12 09:22 pm (UTC)(link)
Ngl I just stuck Rhozia somewhere that seemed sort of ok, none of the cards really seemed to fit her very well.

MEANWHILE NEPHEL FITS TONS OF CARDS? What is this world I'm living in.
acrophobic: (Default)

[personal profile] acrophobic 2013-06-13 03:00 am (UTC)(link)
Haha yeah I was going through the list and was just being all 'none of these involve enough horrible life decisions and personal issues for Rhozia' which is bad but there you go.

Off the top of my head I think that I was considering Strength, Queen of Cups, mmmmaybe even Two of Swords or Hermit?

Because like, Nephel has spent her entire life completely isolated from the rest of Alternia because of the way her hive operates, so she's always felt disconnected from her culture and sort of like a disappointment because she's not naturally a 'proper' noble troll. She's really clever and compassionate and has a lot of inner strength, but for a very long time she's also had abysmal self-esteem and has been eager to please others and get their approval since she doesn't really know what she wants.

But her, uh, I guess her arc in JJ has been that she's slowly come to realize that no one can tell her what's right for her to be but herself and that's she's a hell of a lot stronger than she realizes; so eventually she comes to accept herself and is a lot more comfortable with everything going forward.

(this probably made no sense at all)
blackenedideals: (Default)

[personal profile] blackenedideals 2013-06-13 02:14 am (UTC)(link)






can Archer be the Ten of Swords PLEASE
blackenedideals: (Default)

[personal profile] blackenedideals 2013-06-13 02:40 am (UTC)(link)
When I started setting up a visualosities thing for him that was one of the images on it, so

yes

I will do that.
psycheslantern: (Default)

[personal profile] psycheslantern 2013-06-14 01:07 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, I like Temperance for Murai, good call.

I'm thinking Two of Wands for Ammond? Possibly the eight, but that's more apt for the slightly older non-jj version of her that's running around in the background of one of my AUs. The two is better for Jarjammed!Ammond.
dandelioneater: (Magic in the carnival -- Mallius)

[personal profile] dandelioneater 2013-06-14 02:28 am (UTC)(link)
Oh man this is super cool give me a bit to figure something out :3

EDIT: Perhaps ace of wands could work???
Edited 2013-06-14 02:45 (UTC)
temporaladventurer: (Well then)

[personal profile] temporaladventurer 2013-06-14 03:03 am (UTC)(link)
ngl the doctor fits a ton of these, but i feel like he'd fill Death or Judgment best.

As for Tavros... I really have no idea. A reversed Queen of Cups, maybe? (I've honestly never researched tarot before, I have no idea what I'm doing!!!)
amourtician: (Default)

[personal profile] amourtician 2013-06-15 06:24 am (UTC)(link)
I don't know Tarot (yet), but I want Jay in on this.